top of page




The Council financial year runs from 1st April to 31st March. Council agree an annual budget each year and decide how much the annual Precept should be set at.


An annual audit is carried out by an external auditor, PFK Littlejohn, in the form of an Annual Governance and Accountability Return (AGAR). This is in addition to an annual internal audit. 


Financial Documents for Year ending 31st March 2024/25


Financial Documents for Year ending 31st March 2023/24


Financial Documents for Year ending 31st March 2022/23

Financial Documents for Year ending 31st March 2021/22

  • Annual Budget 2021/22

  • Notice of Public Rights & Publication of Annual Governance & Accountability Return

  • Certificate of Exemption

  • Annual Internal Audit Report

  • Annual Governance Statement

  • Accounting Statements

  • Analysis of Variances

  • Bank Reconciliation at 31st March 2022

  • Payments & Receipts


Policies and Procedures

The Parish Council maintains a set of policies and procedures to help it carry out its duties effectively and to comply with regulations.

Annual Report 2022-23

Action Plan 2024-25

Code of Conduct

Standing Orders

Financial Regulations

Risk Assessment & Management Policy

Data Protection Policy

Asset Register

Equality & Diversity Policy

Publication Scheme

Retention & Disposal Scheme

Donation & Grant Policy

Complaints Procedure

Community Engagement Policy

Health & Safety Policy

Co-option Policy

Biodiversity Policy

Contract Review

The Council Tax Precept


The precept is the parish council’s share of the council tax.  The precept demand goes to the billing authority, Breckland District Council, which collects the tax for the Parish Council. The 'Precept' is converted into an amount per Council Tax Band that is added onto the Council Tax bill. 


Income and expenditure for the next financial year are calculated in the form of estimates. 


Parish and town councils can apply for other funding such as grant and funding awards, but they do not receive funds direct from central government as principal authorities do. 

bottom of page